‘Tis the season to be engaged! Over 25 percent of marriage proposals will happen this holiday season. It is by far the most popular time of year to propose. I hope that by now you have picked the perfect engagement ring. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? You don’t want to wait until the last minute but if you are one that waits until the last minute here are some things to consider. First make sure you have a budget. You don’t want to start this beautiful chapter in your life by going into debt. With so many choices out there for engagement rings, make sure you know her style. Is she more vintage, traditional, or modern? Does she like white gold, yellow gold or maybe a silver band? And what about the diamond? Is she a diamond type of girl? If so, do you know what diamond cut she likes. Is it the round cut which is the most popular and versatile. Or how about the princess cut, or maybe she is the oval or radiant type…or maybe she prefers the cushion or marquise cut. I know that just reading this is making you feel overwhelmed. However, you don’t have to do this alone. Don’t hesitate to ask someone you trust and that knows her style for help.
Now that you have the perfect engagement ring, the next thing is to plan the proposal. Do you want to have an intimate proposal where is just the two of you or are you inviting family and friends to be part of the special occasion? Whatever you do and I know you are going to do something awesome but PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you have a photographer or videographer to capture your proposal. You are going to thank me later so will she!
After the proposal:
1. Share the news with family and friends. Make sure that you share with your immediate family and close friends first before you share it with the world in social media.
2. Get the ring sized if its not the right size.
3. Insure the engagement ring.
4. Set a tentative wedding date (your wedding date can not be confirmed until you have a venue scheduled).
5. Set a budget for your wedding. Are you guys paying for the wedding on your own or are family members helping cover some of the expenses.
6. Work on your wedding list.
7. Start building YOUR TEAM. Finding the right help and vendors is crucial to having YOUR dream wedding.
Over the next few weeks I will be sharing tips and featuring different vendors in the wedding industry that will share some information and tips to plan Your dream wedding.
Lydia Gillis Photography is Eugene based and Destination Wedding Photographer. We specialize in Weddings and High School Seniors.
visit our website | “like” us on Facebook | Follow us on Instagram | Follow us on Pinterest | Follow us on Twitter
[…] ‘Tis The Season To Be Engaged […]